Latrobe >Ksl Roofing & Remodeling
Stay away from KSL.... BEWARE!.
Once KSL has your money .... their promises mean nothing! I signed the contract on September (12-7-11) ... and had to filled with the magistrate on December (12-20-11) to get my depostit back.
September (9-11) I contacted “KSL Roofing & Remodeling to give me a quote to replace the shingles on my home … The next day they came to my home and gave me a quote. I told them that my roof not only had hail damage but also leaking.
They promised to tarp the roof right away, and would move my job ahead in their schedule and could replace the shingles within 4 to 5 weeks.
They said that they needed a signed contract and a check for $2500. I agreed to the price. I got the contract on September 7 and immediately signed the contract, and mailed a check that day.
A several weeks went by before I called then and left a message to see when they had me in the schedule. Their secretary called the next day and said that the shingles would be delivered within a few days and the work would start.
KSL never showed up … never called. A few days latter, I called them… no one answered, so I left message. No one returned the call … several days latter I called again. They said that they were running behind due to the weather. They said that they would be able the do the work in a few days. Over the next few weeks, I called several time with no anwser left messages with no return calls.
When I finally talk to the owner, he promised me that the work would be done November 18 & 19 and I asked about delivering the shingles and I was concerned that the shinlg would block my driveway, he said not to worry, he usualy picks the shingles upm the same day they were doing the work. The weather was great … In the 60’s and no rain. When they didn’t show up … I called and he said that they were behind again and I was next in his schedule and he guaranteed me that he would be there Monday the 21st. It rained that day … but he never called me. On Tuesday the 22nd, I called their office and asked the secretary what was going on. She was surprised and thought the work on my home was already done. I told her that the weather was going to be sunny and in the high 50’s on Friday November 25 & 26 and that I expect them to be their with out fail.
They never showed up … never called. That Saturday, I call another contractor to give me a quote and that I needed the work done right away due to the roof leaking. The next day (Monday 28th), I got the new quote and a guarantee to finish the job in a few days. I accepted the new quote and immediately called KSL and told the secretary that I was cancelling the contract due to not tarping my roof as promised and not completing the work in a reasonable a mount of time as promised. I told her to please mail my $2500 deposit.
The next day (11-29), the owner called and wanted to know what was going on … I told him I have a new contractor … he was upset and told me that he was going to charge me for doing the quote and a restocking fee for materials. I told him that his ad stated “Free Estimates” and that he said weeks before that he was going to get the shingles the morning they started the work. We exchanged words and I said that I would go to the magistrate if he deducted anything… he said go ahead if I wanted to deal with his attorney.
I waited several days for the check … and called again on Monday (12-5) and throughout the week … leaving message without a returned call. Finally when I called on 12-12, still no answer, I waited five minuets I called again from a different phone … The owner answered the phone not knowing it was me. I asked where my $2500 was … he said that he didn’t get around to it and told me that I better stop calling him. I said that I was going to the magistrate … he said for me to “do what I had to do”. I waited till the 12-19 … still no check. To date 12-20-11 I filled with the magistrate.
Absolutely under no circumstances should you use this company to fix/repair/replace your roof!!! I am normally very understanding and respectful to contractors and mishaps, but listen to this nightmare. I don't want anyone else to go through this!!!
1) showed up unannounced at 8:00 am and started pounding away with my wife still asleep, no phone call, warning....nothing. I did not get to discuss details and my expectations with him prior to the start.
2) Drove through my yard with their trucks... replaced sod myself.
3) Scratch the heck out of my front sidewalk.
4) Tore off the old roof during a rainstorm. Promised me not a drop of water would get in overnight because of their "superb" tar paper job. Next morning woke up an noticed my extra bedroom floor was completely soaked and dripping down in my family roof. Damaged the carpet, padding, drywall. KSL did not even offer to fix any of it, did not even apologize. How hard is it to make sure the tar paper is over the flashing???
5) I ordered 10 extra packs of shingles for a shed and paid for them ahead of time. However, the job itself had 7 packs leftover which he told me he would leave anyways for repairs in the future. Turns out I only needed 6 for the shed and used them instead. Never saw the 10 I paid for.
6) I paid for gutter guards to be installed on all gutters. Promised me he would send someone else to install them no later than 1 week after the shingle job was completed. 4 phone calls and 2 months later,,,, still did not have the gutter guards installed or even a phone call back. Did that myself.
7) Did not leave 3/8" shingle overhang on all drip edge. Promised me they would install to manufacturing specifications. However, they were cut flush to the drip edge.
8) Found roughly 100 + nails and half a garbage bag worth of debris around my house.
9) About 5 months later I noticed water damage in my attic around vent pipes. Went up on the roof and noticed they shingled the entire way around all vent pipes!!! The only thing preventing water from coming in was their poor caulk job which was not water tight, the boots were not flush and they did not remove the old caulking that was adhered to the vent pipes. Called up the owner and he insisted the bottom of the flashing should never be showing..... pathetic. At this point, he said he would have someone come out the next day and inspect the roof. 5 days of rain later and nobody, not a phone call. (Fixed the problem myself because I have no reasonable belief this company is competent enough to fix this type of problem considering they couldn't shingle/flash correctly. Put a new piece of flashing over the old one and slid it under the upper shingle)
10) Had a lightning rod system on my roof ( 1/2" wire held in place with screws). Only 80% of the screws were caulked over to make them water tight. Finished the rest myself.
11) Did not install gutter-overflow sheet metal at the bottom of the valleys of the roof to prevent rainwater from overshooting the gutter. Did that myself
12) Employees were found urinating ON MY HOUSE!!! in a protected corner by my garage.
13) Out of the 10 employees that showed up. I'd say maybe 1 or 2 were over 20 yrs old, doubtful they had much experience.
14) A few of my gutter/downspouts were disassembled and not reassembled.
More or less, I would not trust this company to give me the correct time of day, let alone step foot on my roof again. The owner is very manipulative, deceiving, and does not care about anything other than getting your money. This is a classic situation of an inexperienced individual taking over his dads company without the proper background to interface with the public. Considering this, they do a good job luring you into a false sense of professional security, just to turn around and treat you like transients knowing you won't need a new roof for 30 years. Be careful, and do not waste your money on this company.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!