Latrobe >Roofing & Siding > Ksl Roofing & Remodeling
1715 Sloan Ave, Latrobe, PA | Directions 1565040.312092 -79.374261
Mon 08:00 AM-05:00 PM;Tue 08:00 AM-05:00 PM;Wed 08:00 AM-05:00 PM;Thu 08:00 AM-05:00 PM;Fri 08:00 AM-05:00 PM
MY WIFE AND I HAVE WAITED UNTIL KURT AND HIS TEAM FINISHED ALL 5 MAJOR PROJECTS BEFORE REVIEWING HIM, KURT HAS COMPLETED THE ROOFING ON OUR HOME,BARN,BUILT A 2 STORY TREX DECKING SYSTEM,INSTALLED 11 WINDOWS AND BUILT US A NEW POOLHOUSE FROM GROUND FLOOR TO THE ROOF. FIRST I WOULD LIKE TO SAY AFTER KURT LEFT OUR HOME THE NIGHT HE SPENT 3 HRS MEASURING OUR PROJECTS MY WIFE AND I SAID TO EACH OTHER HOW WONDERFUL IT WAS TO SEE SUCH A YOUNG MAN COME LATE AND SPEND SO MUCH TIME WITH US KURT IF UR READING THIS U ARE A HARD WORKER AND IT WILL PAYOFF. OK SO KURT AND HIS MEN SHOW UP AND START WORKING LIKE WE HAVE NEVER SEEN ,AT FIRST WE WERE A LITTLE SHELL SHOCKED FROM THE INTENSITY THEY BROUGHT TO OUR HOME,THEY FINISHED ALL THE ROOFING IN 3 DAYS 105 SQUARE WAS THE TOTAL ROOFING WE NEEDED,THE ROOF CREW LEFT AND THE KSL BUILDING CREW SHOWED UP ON THE 4TH DAY WITH THE SAME ENTHUSIASM AS THE ROOFERS,THEY BUILT THE DECK,POOLHOUSE AND INSTALLED 11 WINDOWS IN A MATTER OF 16 DAYS WITHOUT NO DELAY. AFTER THE JOB WAS COMPLETED IT WAS NO QUESTION THAT THE WORK WAS BEYOND BEAUTIFUL,BUT DUE TO PAST CONTRACTORS WE DECIDED TO HIRE A HOME INSPECTOR WHO HIMSELF COULD NOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THE DETAILS KSL PAYED ATTENTION TO. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECCOMEND KSL I CAN GUARANTEE U WILL NOT FIND A COMPANY THAT DOES THE WORK LIKE THIS. KSL WAS OUR 3RD CONTRACTOR IN 7 YEARS AND WE WILL NOT GO ELSEWHERE ,KURT AND HIS MEN ARE 2 HOUSES DOWN WORKING ON AN ADDITION PROJECT FOR OUR NEIGHBOR WHO HAS FIRED CONTRACTORS HE CALLED TO THANK US FOR THE GREAT RECCOMENDATION WE COULD GO ON AND ON ABOUT THIS COMPANY YOU REALLY HAFTA EXPERIENCE THEM FOR URSELF, THANKS KSL.
KSL DID VERY GOOD JOB FOR ME THEY WERE THERE ON TIME CLEANED UP ALL DEBRIS AND THE GUYS WERE VERY NICE to ME AND MY WIFE .I would recomend KSL TO EVERYONE I KNOW VERY PLESANT EXPERINCE . THEY ALSO DID VERY GOOD JOB ON SEVERAL OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILIES HOUSE's
Our experience with KSL was not a great one. Well, it started out great. Kurt came to our home and was very enthusiastic about the work we wanted done on our home. He spent a lot of time talking about his company and how they are listed on Angie’s List. He kept talking about how professional he was and how we could look on Angie’s List for reviews. He said that he would send the written estimate and that no deposit would be required for the job, which we thought was great! When we got our written estimate in the mail, it had the wrong name on it. My husband called and left a message to go over the estimate and it took 4 days for Kurt to call him back. When he did call him back, he called him the wrong name, my husband corrected him. The following week my husband and I had decided to move forward and hire KSL. I called three times before I received a phone call from the secretary that Kurt would be calling me back, he never did. I called his cell directly and left a message that I was not totally comfortable to go forward with the work when he couldn’t return phone calls and that there were bad reviews on the internet about his company. He called me back right away, called me the wrong name and I corrected him yet again and stressed that that was one of my concerns. He told me he was sorry and that the bad reviews were old, I told him some were from 2010 and his response was that I should go on Angie’s List. He told me the reason he wasn’t calling me back was because he had a cyst on his foot and was going to the doctor, he told me after the appointment he would be going back to his office and would order the materials for my home and would call me to schedule the work. I told him that is fine, but then his secretary shouldn’t be telling me he was going to call when it was apparent he was unable to. I then asked him if he had any photos of his work and he again told me to go on Angie’s List, I told him I don’t think I should have to pay to view his work. (Angie’s List is a website that you have to pay a fee to view reviews, which could all also be bogus). Turns out, Kurt never called me to schedule, his secretary called me 2 days later and left a message that I should highlight on the estimate what I want done and send a check for half. I told my husband and he called Kurt as that is not what had previously been discussed, Kurt AGAIN called him by the wrong name. My husband got upset and said if he can’t even get the name right; how should we feel comfortable he would get the work done. He went on to say how unprofessional he is because he doesn’t return phone calls and can’t get our names right. He then told my husband the reason he wasn’t returning his call is because he was having back surgery. WHAT?!?!?! What B.S. this guy, 3 days prior he told me he had a cyst on his foot, now he is having back surgery?!?! We are not going forward with hiring KSL plumbing and remodeling and do believe all the other bad reviews we have read. Oh, and on the BBB website, they have an F rating!
Stay away from KSL.... BEWARE! – Once KSL has your money .... their promises mean nothing! I signed the contract on September (12-7-11) ... and had to filled with the magistrate on December (12-20-11) to get my depostit back.
September (9-11) I contacted “KSL Roofing & Remodeling to give me a quote to replace the shingles on my home … The next day they came to my home and gave me a quote. I told them that my roof not only had hail damage but also leaking.
They promised to tarp the roof right away, and would move my job ahead in their schedule and could replace the shingles within 4 to 5 weeks.
They said that they needed a signed contract and a check for $2500. I agreed to the price. I got the contract on September 7 and immediately signed the contract, and mailed a check that day.
A several weeks went by before I called then and left a message to see when they had me in the schedule. Their secretary called the next day and said that the shingles would be delivered within a few days and the work would start.
KSL never showed up … never called. A few days latter, I called them… no one answered, so I left message. No one returned the call … several days latter I called again. They said that they were running behind due to the weather. They said that they would be able the do the work in a few days. Over the next few weeks, I called several time with no anwser left messages with no return calls.
When I finally talk to the owner, he promised me that the work would be done November 18 & 19 and I asked about delivering the shingles and I was concerned that the shinlg would block my driveway, he said not to worry, he usualy picks the shingles upm the same day they were doing the work. The weather was great … In the 60’s and no rain. When they didn’t show up … I called and he said that they were behind again and I was next in his schedule and he guaranteed me that he would be there Monday the 21st. It rained that day … but he never called me. On Tuesday the 22nd, I called their office and asked the secretary what was going on. She was surprised and thought the work on my home was already done. I told her that the weather was going to be sunny and in the high 50’s on Friday November 25 & 26 and that I expect them to be their with out fail.
They never showed up … never called. That Saturday, I call another contractor to give me a quote and that I needed the work done right away due to the roof leaking. The next day (Monday 28th), I got the new quote and a guarantee to finish the job in a few days. I accepted the new quote and immediately called KSL and told the secretary that I was cancelling the contract due to not tarping my roof as promised and not completing the work in a reasonable a mount of time as promised. I told her to please mail my $2500 deposit.
The next day (11-29), the owner called and wanted to know what was going on … I told him I have a new contractor … he was upset and told me that he was going to charge me for doing the quote and a restocking fee for materials. I told him that his ad stated “Free Estimates” and that he said weeks before that he was going to get the shingles the morning they started the work. We exchanged words and I said that I would go to the magistrate if he deducted anything… he said go ahead if I wanted to deal with his attorney.
I waited several days for the check … and called again on Monday (12-5) and throughout the week … leaving message without a returned call. Finally when I called on 12-12, still no answer, I waited five minuets I called again from a different phone … The owner answered the phone not knowing it was me. I asked where my $2500 was … he said that he didn’t get around to it and told me that I better stop calling him. I said that I was going to the magistrate … he said for me to “do what I had to do”. I waited till the 12-19 … still no check. To date 12-20-11 I filled with the magistrate.
Horrible – Absolutely under no circumstances should you use this company to fix/repair/replace your roof!!! I am normally very understanding and respectful to contractors and mishaps, but listen to this nightmare. I don't want anyone else to go through this!!!
1) showed up unannounced at 8:00 am and started pounding away with my wife still asleep, no phone call, warning....nothing. I did not get to discuss details and my expectations with him prior to the start.
2) Drove through my yard with their trucks... replaced sod myself.
3) Scratch the heck out of my front sidewalk.
4) Tore off the old roof during a rainstorm. Promised me not a drop of water would get in overnight because of their "superb" tar paper job. Next morning woke up an noticed my extra bedroom floor was completely soaked and dripping down in my family roof. Damaged the carpet, padding, drywall. KSL did not even offer to fix any of it, did not even apologize. How hard is it to make sure the tar paper is over the flashing???
5) I ordered 10 extra packs of shingles for a shed and paid for them ahead of time. However, the job itself had 7 packs leftover which he told me he would leave anyways for repairs in the future. Turns out I only needed 6 for the shed and used them instead. Never saw the 10 I paid for.
6) I paid for gutter guards to be installed on all gutters. Promised me he would send someone else to install them no later than 1 week after the shingle job was completed. 4 phone calls and 2 months later,,,, still did not have the gutter guards installed or even a phone call back. Did that myself.
7) Did not leave 3/8" shingle overhang on all drip edge. Promised me they would install to manufacturing specifications. However, they were cut flush to the drip edge.
8) Found roughly 100 + nails and half a garbage bag worth of debris around my house.
9) About 5 months later I noticed water damage in my attic around vent pipes. Went up on the roof and noticed they shingled the entire way around all vent pipes!!! The only thing preventing water from coming in was their poor caulk job which was not water tight, the boots were not flush and they did not remove the old caulking that was adhered to the vent pipes. Called up the owner and he insisted the bottom of the flashing should never be showing..... pathetic. At this point, he said he would have someone come out the next day and inspect the roof. 5 days of rain later and nobody, not a phone call. (Fixed the problem myself because I have no reasonable belief this company is competent enough to fix this type of problem considering they couldn't shingle/flash correctly. Put a new piece of flashing over the old one and slid it under the upper shingle)
10) Had a lightning rod system on my roof ( 1/2" wire held in place with screws). Only 80% of the screws were caulked over to make them water tight. Finished the rest myself.
11) Did not install gutter-overflow sheet metal at the bottom of the valleys of the roof to prevent rainwater from overshooting the gutter. Did that myself
12) Employees were found urinating ON MY HOUSE!!! in a protected corner by my garage.
13) Out of the 10 employees that showed up. I'd say maybe 1 or 2 were over 20 yrs old, doubtful they had much experience.
14) A few of my gutter/downspouts were disassembled and not reassembled.
More or less, I would not trust this company to give me the correct time of day, let alone step foot on my roof again. The owner is very manipulative, deceiving, and does not care about anything other than getting your money. This is a classic situation of an inexperienced individual taking over his dads company without the proper background to interface with the public. Considering this, they do a good job luring you into a false sense of professional security, just to turn around and treat you like transients knowing you won't need a new roof for 30 years. Be careful, and do not waste your money on this company.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Ksl Roofing & Remodeling on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.