2615 E Carson St, Pittsburgh, PA | Directions 1520340.427476 -79.967992
Neighborhoods: Southside Flats
The experience I had with them was absolutely desperate, time consuming and harmful to my health. I first came into Neovision shop with lots of expectation. I picked two frames, payed the bill, and then started to wait eagerly for new glasses.
Then the bad experience came.
1. I got home and checked the frames' price online, Neovision price was much higher than online price. One frame she sold me for $400 with my insurance cost about $220 online (I checked ebay, overstock and amazon).
2. The glasses came after about 12 business days. I went to store the second time, checked two glasses, guess what, the frame sizes were all wrong. I clearly told the sales person Lenka that I want size 56 but she decided to change the size to 54 without asking me.
If you think that was bad, but not bad enough, then I will tell you what was truly terrible:
3. I wear one of the new glasses I bought about two days, I suffered severe dizzy and headache. I feel there must be something wrong with the lens so I checked Neovision sales receipt with my prescription: This Ms. Lenka write the wrong prescription for my right eye, 0.50 less than what it supposed to be! Two eyes are not symmetrical, no wonder why I got headache.
4. I went back to store the third time and ask her to change the lens. I told her all the uncomfortable feelings I had. Without apologize for making this serious mistake, she told me to come again after a week.
5. I called Neovision after a week as she promised. A lady picked up the phone and told me their lab delayed the process. That is fine. I called after another week, its Lenka answered the phone, with impatient voice, she told me to wait for another few days.
6. Then the "fixed" glasses finally came. I went to store for the fourth time. They changed the right lens. However, I can clearly see the unsymmetrical placement for left lens and right lens. Left lens is installed towards the outer side of the frame and the right lens is installed the inner size of the frame, very obvious, very unsymmetrical.
7. What is more, the rim of the lenses are terribly coarse, I even scraped some fragments from both rim of lenses use my hands. Notice that I payed a lot of money on this pair of glasses.
8. I wear this fixed glasses for just a day, the severe dizziness and headache came back again. I know it is because the obvious unsymmetrical placement Neovision lab made on the glasses. But this time I am really tired of going to store and argue with this Neovision anymore.
During the process of I negotiating with them, I have to left work early and call them during my working hours for couple times. When I wear the problematic glasses, I feel several dizziness and headache, cannot drive and use computer for long time. What is more important, my eyes got hurt.
Also, I just found several of my old optical shop receipt, the pupillary distance (PD) Ms. Lenka measured for me was also wrong.
I decide to call them again, and once again heard their call waiting tone: Neovision provides the best optical experience in Pittsburgh...
Wow! – I have never dealt with a place so unprofessional. A month after I ordered my contacts there still not in and I was told it would take a few days. The office manager told me I never ordered them at first which was the whole reason I obviously came in for an exam was to GET CONTACTS. Apparently they had given me a deal that my contacts were included with the glasses and exam, when I called to see if my contacts were in a month later...the said I never paid for the yet...
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Neovision on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.